On the A149 Coast Road at Wiveton between Blakeney and Cley, NR25 7UE
Reactive Dog Friendly *
Yes – see notes
6ft or 1.8m
Tornado dog fencing that has wire pinned around the perimeter (see notes)
Up to 1 acre
Secure Online Booking
Buffer between customers
Drive on the field for hard standing car park
From £7 for 30min
Regular User Discounts
Max Number Dogs
* We only list fields as reactive friendly following a visit because reactivity means different things to different dogs! Details can be found on each review in the yellow section. Listed fields field may be suitable for reactive dogs, but we have just not had the chance to verify this.
About This Field
Seaview Dog Meadow is a fabulous secure dog field located on the edge of the village of Blakeney on the Coast Road (near Wiveton) in the heart of the North Norfolk coast – Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Just a few minutes from the famous salt marsh coastline this is a great place to get rid of some of those zoomies before heading out to explore the miles of coastal walks or the National Trust Nature Reserve (restrictions apply due to nesting birds).
Booking and Accessing Seaview Secure Dog Field
Booking is through a secure website and sessions of both 30 minutes and 1 hour are available.
Access is very straight forward – the W3W link and Google maps pin will both take you directly to the gate – it’s situated off the main coastal road and has a large area to pull into from the main road.
Once inside, you will see the main field vehicle gate in front of you. You can use the code you have been given to open the gate, drive in and park. There is plenty of space for parking and turning around – cars are restricted to 3 per booking (see notes below for booking restrictions).
What is Seaview Dog Meadow Like?
Seaview Dog Meadow does exactly what it says on the tin – there is a view of the sea in the distance!
The field itself is nice – it’s approximately 1 acre in size and plenty big enough for a run around and chucking a ball about.
The hard standing parking area is great and this field has been really well thought out – there’s a lovely field shelter that offers almost full visibility of the field as well as a water bag (freshly supplied on our visit), a toy box, and several other touches that are very welcome.
There are some nice benches dotted around the field and a few plants that will offer a bit of addition shade in the summer.
Is Seaview Meadow Secure?
This field is fenced to 6ft and also has weld mesh gates. (See image for fence netting). The netting is also turned into the field – take care if you have dogs that run the perimeter fence because as yet, this netting is still exposed on the surface in some areas.
The car park is within the field for safe release and seemed well draining on our visit in early spring after a very wet winter.
Things you should know about Seaview Meadow
- There is an unusual quirk at this field in that bookings are only for one household (even if you remain within the maximum cars and dogs). So if you are joined by friends this is considered a second booking. You are encouraged to contact the owner – I don’t know if they would expect an additional session fee but that is what the terms and conditions suggest
- The dog waste bin is located outside of the field – don’t forget to collect your bags and drop them in on the way out
- CCTV is in operation
Notes for Reactive Dog Owners:
- This field is well set back from the road, has infield parking, and on our visit there was nothing obvious that would be a concern for reactive dogs
- There are no footpaths in the vicinity
Photos © British Dog Fields