Start-Up Consultation sessions are for anyone thinking of starting their own dog field.
Whether you already have a plot of land or you’re just looking into the idea, a 1-2-1 Zoom call (or phone call if you prefer) can really help clarify the basic things you need to know before you make some very expensive and time sapping mistakes.
Who Is A Start-Up Consultation for?
- You already have a plot and want to diversify or increase your income streams (farmer, landowner, tenant)
- You’re looking to buy or rent a specific plot or you are searching for one (mostly dog trainers, professional walkers or reactive dog owners)
- You have no idea where to start but want to know more about setting up and running a dog field (anyone!)
Why We Do 1-2-1 Consultations
Everyone’s circumstances are different – some people have lots of land management experience but little customer service and/or dog experience. Some people are looking to finance their field and want to get into the details of costs. Others are already operating in the dog world as trainers or dog walkers and want to set up a field to expand their business but don’t have any experience in buying and renting land, engaging contractors, or making commercial planning applications.
A 1-2-1 session allows us to get into the details. We help you take your plans forward and help you build an action plan as to the next steps you need to take.
Some of the questions people ask in start-up consultation sessions
- Where do I start? What do I need to do to get this going?
- Is my land suitable?
- Will my land get planning permission?
- How much money will I make?
- Is there a big enough market around where my land is located?
- There are lots of fields around me, does that matter?
Some of the common questions we ask you!
- Do you understand the time commitment?
- Do you have access to the finances required?
- Have you been to any dog fields!?
- Do you understand the needs of a reactive dog?
How a Start-Up Consultation Works
- Visit our booking page and select Book Now and then ‘Start-Up Consultation’.
- Select a date and time that suits you and complete the booking. Initial Consultations are available daily, and on evenings and weekends
- You will then get an email from us to set up the session (e.g. zoom link) and you can send us as much information as you want – links to your land or area, questions you might have and anything that you think will help you to get the most out of your session – you might want to come in blind and that’s completely fine too
- The consultation usually takes around 1 to 1.5 hours so grab a cuppa and a pad and pen!
- After the consultation you will need time to digest the information – send us any follow up questions and we’ll help point you in the right direction to get your dog field ideas up and running
Wherever you are on your quest to set up a dog field, an Initial Consultation will save you from making some big (and little) mistakes that will either cost a lot to fix later down the line, or will limit the appeal and therefore revenue you can achieve from your field.
What if I am ready for a site visit?
If you already have a plot of land and you want to get into the planning and design phase, this is a good time to book a site visit. The smallest things matter and these can both increase the chances of gaining planning permission without challenges, and make your dog field better both for dogs, and maximise your revenue. You can book a site visit here.