Chedworth, Cheltenham GL54 4NF
Reactive Dog Friendly *
Yes – See notes
6ft or 1.8m
4 to 10 acres
Secure Online Booking
Buffer between customers
2 cars inside the field, extra space outside
Regular User Discounts
Max Number Dogs
* We only list fields as reactive friendly following a visit because reactivity means different things to different dogs! Details can be found on each review in the yellow section. Listed fields field may be suitable for reactive dogs, but we have just not had the chance to verify this.
About This Field
E & P Secure Dog Field is a fabulous grassy field 6 miles drive north of Cirencester, 15 miles from Cheltenham and just a few miles off the A429 across the Cotswolds.
This is a drive-in field secured all round with 6ft, narrow-gauge deer fencing and is a good 4 acre site with a really well thought out parking area.
- Several excellent enrichment and activity areas
- Poo disposal bin for bags and composer tank (preference of owners)
- 4 acres of undulating grassy field
- Push-button entry-lock – easy access
Access to the field is off a small single track country lane – you can use the map below to accurately locate the field.
This is some of the best parking we have seen as you pull completely off the road with plenty of space for several cars. The is a true air-lock gate system meaning that you can drive directly in (space for two cars in the air-lock), you can then exit your car, lock the very substantial agricultural gates and be safe and secure, before letting your dogs into the main field. This gives you some control over excited dogs!
The field is flat – great of those with limited mobility and plenty of space for a really good run. The fencing is very well maintained and there have been areas around the field in a re-wilding program which is great to see.
There are several areas of activities – a great big tunnel through a mound, some wooden jumps, a sniffy log pile and huge tyres as well as an interactive hide-and-treat game.
There is also a really great concrete pad for washing down your dog after their fun – we visited on a particularly hot day and this also doubled as a cool down area as the hose has great pressure.
We all enjoyed visiting this field enormously – extremely well cared for and really well located for holidays in the Cotswolds.
- One thing to be aware of is the size of the obstacles – the tyres are very big and some of the jumps a little big (but all in one run) and with ambitious dogs we had a few over-enthusiastic bumps!
Notes for Reactive Dog Owners:
- Excellent calm location