About This Field
Vale K9 Secure Dog Field is a lovely grassy field 9 miles from Daventry in Northamptonshire, 14 miles from Northampton and 5 miles from the M1 J18 and the A5 – a great central location.
This is a drive-in field secured all round with 6ft, narrow-gauge deer fencing and is 1.5 acres in size. The field also has chicken wire around the bottom for extra security for small dogs and diggers!
- a nice field shelter at the far end with a picnic bench
- Poo disposal bin
- 1.5 acres of undulating grassy field
Access to the field is immediately off the A428 just outside the village of Crick – please use the map below as the postal code you are given takes you a mile or so past the entrance if using Google maps.
The 6ft gate opens inwards towards the field (see notes below) and once parked inside, you can padlock it shut for your peace of mind. Both parking areas are gravelled. There is an area for an additional visitor outside of the field as you come off the road.
The field is undulating and higher at the far end offering views over the countryside. The grass is kept short and the field itself even so accessible for those not so sure on their feet. The rolling hill makes it interesting and tiring for your dog!
We found this field excellent – really well maintained with very good quality fencing, easy booking and very conveniently located.
- One thing we found a little disappointing were the obstacles in the field were inappropriate for playing on – large tractor tyres that were not filled and metal drums piled up.
- The other slight issue was the inward opening gate which didn’t allow for us to open or close the gate without moving our car right to the very edge of the parking area. Our car is a standard family hatchback so you will need to check you can close this gate before parking up!
Notes for Reactive Dog Owners:
- There is a boundary with another field on one side that has screening so it may be that this field contains livestock on occasion.