About This Field
‘Phoebe’s Place’ is a super dog field located approximately 7 miles from both Stevenage and Hitchin in Hertfordshire. It is 3.5 acres and offers countryside views in a farm setting and is surrounded by very well installed 5ft fencing.
Booking and Accessing ‘Phoebe’s Place’
Booking is through a secure website and sessions are 50 minutes. Pricing varies for the number of dogs you chose to bring and there is a weekday and weekend price.
Access is a little confusing if using the postcode so to easily locate the entrance, use the What3Words link on this page. Once you’re at the gate you travel down the farm track for 500m.
It’s worth noting that if you have a car with limited ground clearance, you may want to take it easy as this track is a little rough but not impassable.
Once you reach the end of the track there is a little sign directing you to the parking area directly outside the field gate.
What is ‘Phoebe’s Place’ Like?
Phoebe’s Place is a really nice field and suitable for all but the most athletic dogs with really nicely installed 5ft fencing.
The photos I took really don’t do it justice because it was absolutely tipping it down! The field feels bigger than it’s 3.5 acre size and has nice thick grass. It is almost entirely surrounded by hedges and trees with a few additional locked gates for machinery access – One field was arable and the other looks to be a hay field – no livestock present at the time of my visit.
The entrance was a little muddy (November) which is to be expected but as it doesn’t have in field parking, this isn’t as bad as many fields at this time of year.
There are a few agricultural obstacles scattered around the field for interest – one of whch you may want to limit access to – piled crates with the slats presenting a hazard for any dogs climbing on them (see image).
There is a picnic bench, dog waste disposal bins and water provided in a small bowser.
Is ‘Phoebe’s Place’ Secure?
This field is classified as ‘enclosed’ however the 5ft fencing is more than adequate for many dogs with a smaller aperture at the bottom of the net preventing small dogs and puppies squeezing through the fence.
The fence has been really well installed and the entire fence is visible – the gate is 6ft+ weldmesh and is flush with the ground – no gaps for smaller escape artists.
Things you should know about ‘Phoebe’s Place’
- Phoebe’s Place is in a rural location and is very peaceful
- The field undulates and feels bigger than it’s 3.5 acre size
- Accessing the location itself requires driving down a few narrow roads but there are plenty of passing places
Notes for Reactive Dog Owners:
- The location is within a farm, set back a field’s distance from the road, is surrounded by mature vegetation, and with few potential distractions
- There are no public rights of way passing in the imediatel area of the field
- One thing to note is that the parking is not enclosed so dogs must remain on the lead until in side the field
Photos © British Dog Fields
If you have visited this field and something listed is incorrect, please get in touch via email.
* We only list fields as reactive friendly following a visit because reactivity means different things to different dogs! Details can be found on each review in the yellow section. Listed fields field may be suitable for reactive dogs, but we have just not had the chance to verify this.