About This Field
Buddy and Beau is a 1.5 acre field with a beautiful view over rolling hills located 5 miles west of Banbury. This field is fenced to 6ft all round and has secure parking for no more than 2 cars and is also fenced and gated to 6ft.
Booking and Accessing Buddy & Beau Secure Dog Field
Booking is through a secure website and sessions are 50 minutes long allowing for a strict 10 minute gap between users.
Access is very straight forward – the W3W link and Google maps pin will both take you directly to the gate – it’s situated off the Shutford Road which is narrow in places but with plenty of room to pass.
You can pull off the road in front of the gate before exiting your car to open the gate. Once inside there is a pedestrian gate to the dog field and a locked vehicle gate for the owners to access other parts of the land.
What is Buddy and Beau Secure Dog Field Like?
The most striking thing about Buddy and Beau dog field is the view. This is a hill field meaning that there is no flat area however, in return for your walk to the top of the field you get really pretty views of the surrounding countryside.
The grass is mown beautifully and provides lots of room to zoom about. The other benefit of this field is that there’s an inbuilt fitness test if you have a high energy dog. From a lovely wooden seat the top of the field, you can throw balls downhill for retrieval 3 or 4 times before your dog will clock onto your game!
There are some newly planted trees in the field which will provide beautiful shade in years to come.
The owner provides poo bins and there is a spring fed water trough in the field.
Is Buddy & Beau Dog Field Secure?
This field is fenced to 6ft and also has weld mesh gates., the netting is 5cm x 10cm so is suitable for most dogs (See image for fence netting).
The car park is a secure pen for safe release and has a good stone surface.
This is a relatively new field and whilst the car park surfaces settle and are topped up, there are some gaps under the gates so if you have a small dog or escape artist, you may wish to keep your dog on a lead until you are in the main field.
Things you should know about Buddy & Beau Secure Dog Field
- Buddy and Beau has been well thought through and offers a beautiful space for dogs and people
- This field is on a hill and may be unsuitable for people with mobility issues or those who get out of puff easily – conversely, it is well suited for tiring out dogs and children!
- Buddy and Beau has been created on permanent pasture so is wonderfully grassy!
Notes for Reactive Dog Owners:
- This field is well set back from the road and has secure parking however the high position means that passers by can be seen from the field at the moment – this will change as the field vegetation matures
- There are no footpaths or livestock in the vicinity
If you have visited this field and something listed is incorrect, please get in touch via email.
* We only list fields as reactive friendly following a visit because reactivity means different things to different dogs! Details can be found on each review in the yellow section. Listed fields field may be suitable for reactive dogs, but we have just not had the chance to verify this.