Welton Road, Braunston, Near Daventry, NN11 7JG
Reactive Dog Friendly *
6ft or 1.8m
1 to 2 acres
Secure Online Booking
Buffer between customers
1 car inside, additional parking outside
Regular User Discounts
Max Number Dogs
* We only list fields as reactive friendly following a visit because reactivity means different things to different dogs! Details can be found on each review in the yellow section. Listed fields field may be suitable for reactive dogs, but we have just not had the chance to verify this.
About This Field
Braunston Secure Dog Field is just 3.5 miles from Daventry in Northamptonshire and within easy reach of both the M1 and A5.
This is a drive-in field secured all round with 6ft, narrow-gauge deer fencing. It’s got everything you could want and is extremely well managed:
- a very nice field shelter
- Self-feeding water trough and water tap
- Picnic area
- Poo disposal bin with compostable poo bags provided
- 1.5 acres of grassy field
- enrichment area with tyres and a huge tree stump
Access to the field is at the rear of a lovely farm estate and communication prior to our visit was excellent – they utilise the SimplyBook secure system that a growing number of providers use.
The gate opens in towards the field and once parked inside, you can padlock it shut for your peace of mind. There is plenty of space for an additional visitor outside of the field on a tarmac area.
The field slopes away from the shelter, picnic area and parking at the top of the field and almost the entire area is visible from this position (there is a small area around the back of the shelter). This area at the top is flat and topped with gravel so is accessible for most users – and provides a lovely countryside view!
The grass area is reasonably sloped but relatively even so comfortable to walk around but if you are visiting with someone who is not great with gentle hills, they may be best to park themselves at the top and play from there.
The enrichment area is at the far end of the field providing some tyres to jump through and a log to practice balance work.
We really enjoyed our visit here and because to the hill, the dogs were exhausted!
If you are travelling in a large vehicle (LWB van for example), check the clearance length before entering as you need to ensure you can close the gate beside your vehicle.